Senior DevOps Cloud Engineer
Location – Remote – USA Only
Bilingual – Spanish / English a plus
Job type-Full Time in States of AZ, CA, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, LA, NC, ND, NJ, NV, OH, NY, SC, TN, TX, UT, or VA – No Exceptions
eDist is a well-established and self-funded growth technology company who is a leader in Speech Automation Solutions in USA and Canada. We are looking to hire a Cloud DevOps Engineer to empower the development of our next generation PaaS. If you are interested in joining a truly agile Team who collaborate to overcome challenging architecture by providing positive feedback to multiple peers to develop the best possible solution, eDist is a perfect place to grow your career.
Our Cloud DevOps Engineer must be passionate about software engineering and produce fresh and innovative ideas. They will have fun but are serious about accomplishing goals. They also do not mind coaching and mentoring members of their team along the way.
Headquartered out of Bonita Springs FL, we also have offices in Austin TX, New Jersey, and Canada. Not only will you have the support of the Austin team behind you, but you’ll also be able to work with and learn from other members of the eDist family from throughout North America. Apply now!
Why Work for Us?
We pride ourselves on our knowledge, professionalism, integrity, and innovation. Being a member of our team means coming to work ready to inspire, collaborate, and achieve. As a result, passion and energy feed into a fun, entrepreneurial, and fast-paced culture that permeates our offices.
One of the many things that sets eDist apart is our culture. We truly value our team members, and we foster an environment based on productivity, efficiency, and fun. We take pride in our work and believe in rewarding our team members. We offer a full range of benefits, which complement our competitive base salary.
eDist is looking to add to our already amazing team of professionals. Our fun work environment allows us to collaborate and implement new and fresh ideas. We are one-of-a-kind in our market and strive to implement innovative techniques and technology.
Cloud DevOps Engineer Role / Opportunity
We are seeking an experienced Cloud DevOps Engineer who can contribute to the rapid development of our client-facing applications and who has a passion for building great products. This is a remote role that requires dedicated office space free from distractions.
In this role, you will collaborate with a growing team of software engineers to increase our capacity to deliver high-end user interactions and experiences. The ideal candidate thrives on being challenged and is enthusiastic about working in a fast-paced environment.
As a Cloud DevOps Engineer, you will be a critical component in our company’s success, and you’ll be afforded the opportunity to gain broad experience across varying facets of product development.
Qualifications and Responsibilities:
· Network, cloud and security design and implementation of core services used by our internal and external customers
· Support cloud platform operations including issue troubleshooting and resolution
· Define and meet scalability, availability, security, and performance goals
· Rapidly build and evolve major features in collaboration with product management
· Knowledge of cloud platforms (GCP/AWS/Azure)
· Previous experience with L3/L4 networking (load balancers/firewalls)
· Experience with monitoring tools
· Experience with Gitlab
· Research and experiment with key technologies, architectures, and standards
· Attend daily stand-up meetings, collaborate with peers, prioritize features, and work with a sense of urgency to deliver value to customers
· Assist in reviews and audits conducted at various points in the software life cycle
· Perform disaster recovery tests and create/update disaster recovery playbooks
· Continue building out our Infrastructure as Code strategy and automate all of our GCP resources
· Build out and automate CI/CD pipelines for developer productivity and application security
· Utilize StackDriver to centralize all of the company’s logging efforts, proactively read logs and monitoring data to respond before a failure occurs
· Bachelor’s in engineering / equivalent work experience.
· Exceptional software architecture foundational knowledge
· 5+ years’ of working on cloud infrastructure
· 2+ years’ networking background
· 2+ years’ experience with Docker
· 2+ years’ experience with Kubernetes
· 2+ years’ experience with Terraform
· 2+ years’ experience with Linux Administration and Scripting
· Expert level documenter for both internal and external documentation
· Nginx, IIS, Apache webserver experience is a must
· Willing to build out and embrace GitOps in Gitlab
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Legally authorized to work in the United States
· Security Certifications
· Google Cloud Certifications
· Kubernetes Certification
Compensation and Benefits:
We take pride in our work and believe in rewarding our team members in addition to offering a full range of benefits: comprehensive health-care benefits, dental, vision, life, PTO, 401 (k), and vibrant company culture. Competitive salary is commensurate with experience. Performance bonuses are available for exceeding goals. Optional 1099 Role at your request.
Offers of employment are contingent upon a satisfactory background check.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Salary Range: $100,000 - $140,000 DOE