Backend PHP Software Engineer
eDist, Division of A. I. Smarter World Inc.
Come design and produce next-generation applications that integrate our digital lifestyle with the daily requirements of a successful company. We have an immediate opening for an experienced Backend Software Engineer to join our team. If you think you’d be a good fit, we would love to hear from you.
Located in Austin, Texas, we are proud to be the No. 1 distributor and reseller for speech recognition software in North America. Our cloud-based voice technology applications benefit industries where professionals must frequently dictate and transcribe notes, documents, and forms. Think legal, medical, law enforcement, social work, and education industries. On a large scale, we help busy professionals save time, streamline their workflows, and spend more time with their clients and patients.
Why Work for Us?
eDist, Division of A. I. Smarter World Inc., is a leader in Cloud Commerce. We are a high-growth, performance-driven company. We pride ourselves on our knowledge, professionalism, integrity, and innovation. Being a member of our team means coming to work ready to inspire, collaborate, and achieve. As a result, passion and energy feed into a fun, entrepreneurial, and fast-paced culture that permeates our offices.
Our Backend Software Engineer will lead a team, be passionate about software engineering, and produce fresh and innovative ideas. They have fun but know when to get serious. They also don’t mind coaching and mentoring members of their team along the way. We work with other offices in Florida, New Jersey, and Canada. Not only will you have the support of the Austin team behind you, but you’ll also be able to work with and learn from other members of the eDist family from throughout North America.
One of the many things that sets eDist apart is our culture. We truly value our team members, and we foster an environment based on productivity, efficiency, and fun. We take pride in our work and believe in rewarding our team members. We offer a full range of benefits, which complement our competitive base salary.
eDist is looking to add to our already amazing team of professionals. Our fun work environment allows us to collaborate and implement new and fresh ideas. We are one-of-a-kind in our market and strive to implement innovative techniques and technology.
Backend Software Engineer Role / Opportunity
We are seeking an experienced Backend Software Engineer who can contribute to the rapid development of our client-facing applications and who has a passion for building great products. This is a hybrid role the requires split office and remote time.
In this role, you will collaborate with a growing team of software engineers to increase our capacity to deliver high-end user interactions and experiences. The ideal candidate thrives on being challenged and is enthusiastic about working in a fast-paced environment.
As a Backend Software Engineer, you will be a critical component in our company’s success, and you’ll be afforded the opportunity to gain broad experience across varying facets of product development.
Qualifications and Responsibilities
These are the Backend Software Engineer skills you’ll need to be successful in this role:
- Assist as needed with the creation of project outlines, whitepapers, ERDs, documentation, and RFPs
- Build, and grow a team of peers to meet our applications requirements
- Closely work with management to create outlines and roadmaps to help the team accomplish its goals keeping software engineering best practices in mind
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, developers, and project managers to determine workload priorities and timelines
- Manual code review and testing pull requests from developers
- Thoroughly document requirements, bugs, and potential issues along with replication steps and/or negative impact
- Creation of tests for new and current Laravel-Vue.js-based web applications
- Assist as needed with the development of new web applications
- Assist with testing new package releases and updating product codebases
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of enterprise Laravel experience
- Understanding of Docker environments (Linux) regarding using and troubleshooting Docker containers
- Local development with Docker
- Proficient in modern web app technologies like HTML5, CSS3, Vue.JS, Tailwind CSS, Atomic Component Design
- Experience with SASS, PHP, and MySQL
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations
- Manual code review, the creation of email templates and marketing-style content
- Creation and consumption of REST and SOAP API’s
- Ability to read code and anticipate potential consequences and areas of impact
- Ability to write effective unit tests which can be used to accelerate deployment timeframes
- Understanding of common web application vulnerabilities and remediation
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work on a scalable backend
- Knowledge in the development of eCommerce
- Setup and troubleshooting of Gitlab CI/CD pipelines
- Gitlab Usage
- XML and EDI Data languages
- Knowledge of Google Cloud Platform
- Experience Dockerizing applications
- Kubernetes and Docker deployments in relation to Laravel
- Experience creating Laravel/Composer packages
- Knowledge of automated code review tools such as PHP CodeSniffer and ES Lint
- WordPress and WordPress plugin development
- Full stack software engineer skills
- Understanding of services, micro services and integration-service architecture
Compensation and Benefits
We take pride in our work and believe in rewarding our team members. We offer a full-range of benefits which will be commensurate with experience, comprehensive health-care benefits, dental, vision, life, PTO, 401 (k), Aflac, LTD and a vibrant company culture. Performance bonuses are available for exceeding goals.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Located in Austin, Texas, United States, we do not discriminate against veteran status, disability veterans, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, race, color or religion.