Backend PHP Software Engineer
Location – Remote – USA Only
Bilingual – Spanish / English a plus
Job type-Full Time in States of: AZ, CA, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, LA, NC, ND, NJ, NV, OH,ND, NY, SC,TN, TX, UT, or VA - No Exceptions
eDist is well established and self-funded growth technology company who is a leader in Speech Automation Solutions in USA and Canada. We are looking to hire a Senior PHP Developer to empower the development of our next generation PaaS. If you interested in joining a truly agile Team who collaborate to overcome challenging architecture by providing positive feedback to multiple peers to develop the best possible solution, eDist is a perfect place to grow your career.
Our Senior PHP Developer must be passionate about software engineering and produce fresh and innovative ideas. They will have fun but are serious about accomplishing goals. They also do not mind coaching and mentoring members of their team along the way.
Headquartered out of Bonita Springs, FL we also work with offices in Texas, New Jersey, and Canada. Not only will you have the support of the Austin team behind you, but you’ll also be able to work with and learn from other members of the eDist family from throughout North America. Apply now!
Why Work for Us?
We pride ourselves on our knowledge, professionalism, integrity, and innovation. Being a member of our team means coming to work ready to inspire, collaborate, and achieve. As a result, passion and energy feed into a fun, entrepreneurial, and fast-paced culture that permeates our offices.
One of the many things that sets eDist apart is our culture. We truly value our team members, and we foster an environment based on productivity, efficiency, and fun. We take pride in our work and believe in rewarding our team members. We offer a full range of benefits, which complement our competitive base salary.
eDist is looking to add to our already amazing team of professionals. Our fun work environment allows us to collaborate and implement new and fresh ideas. We are one-of-a-kind in our market and strive to implement innovative techniques and technology.
Senior PHP Developer Role / Opportunity
We are seeking an experienced Senior PHP Developer who can contribute to the rapid development of our client-facing applications and who has a passion for building great products.
In this role, you will collaborate with a growing team of software engineers to increase our capacity to deliver high-end user interactions and experiences. The ideal candidate thrives on being challenged and is enthusiastic about working in a fast-paced environment.
As a Senior PHP Developer, you will be a critical component in our company’s success, and you will be afforded the opportunity to gain broad experience across varying facets of product development.
Qualifications and Responsibilities
These are the Senior PHP Developer skills you will need to be successful in this role:
- Assist as needed with the creation of project outlines, whitepapers, ERDs, documentation, and RFPs
- Build, and grow a team of peers to meet our applications requirements
- Actively work with management to create outlines and roadmaps to help the team accomplish its goals keeping software engineering best practices in mind
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, developers, and project managers to determine workload priorities and timelines
- Manual code review and testing pull requests from developers
- Thoroughly document requirements, bugs, and potential issues along with replication steps and/or negative impact
- Creation of tests for new and current Laravel-Vue.js-based web applications
- Assist as needed with the development of new web applications
- Assist with testing new package releases and updating product codebases
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of enterprise Laravel experience
- Understanding of Docker environments (Linux) regarding using and troubleshooting Docker containers
- Local development with Docker
- Proficient in modern web app technologies like HTML5, CSS3, Vue.JS, Tailwind CSS, Atomic Component Design
- Experience with SASS, PHP, and MySQL
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations
- Manual code review, the creation of email templates and marketing-style content
- Creation and consumption of REST and SOAP API’s
- Ability to read code and anticipate potential consequences and areas of impact
- Ability to write effective unit tests which can be used to accelerate deployment timeframes
- Understanding of common web application vulnerabilities and remediation
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work on a scalable backend
- Knowledge in the development of eCommerce
- Setup and troubleshooting of Gitlab CI/CD pipelines
- Gitlab Usage
- XML and EDI Data languages
- Knowledge of Google Cloud Platform
- Experience Dockerizing applications
- Kubernetes and Docker deployments in relation to Laravel
- Experience creating Laravel/Composer packages
- Knowledge of automated code review tools such as PHP CodeSniffer and ES Lint
- WordPress and WordPress plugin development
- Full stack software engineer skills
- Understanding of services, micro services, and integration-service architecture
Compensation and Benefits
We take pride in our work and believe in rewarding our team members in addition to offering a full range of benefits: comprehensive health-care benefits, dental, vision, life, PTO, 401 (k), and vibrant company culture. Competitive salary is commensurate with experience.
Offers of employment are contingent upon a satisfactory background check.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $120,000.00 - $140,000.00 per year
Optional 1099 Role at your request