HELP DESK TECHNICIAN
Location: Based in Austin, Texas (This is not a remote position.)
Do you love to help others? Are you interested in learning about new and innovative technology used by doctors, law firms, and other professional industries? eDist, a Division of A. I. Smarter World, Inc., is looking for its next Help Desk Team Member.
We are primarily the technical support arm of eDist.com, the largest sales organization for Speech Solutions Technology in the USA and Canada, with plans for further expansion. This year in our Cloud Solutions, we project a minimum of 25% growth.
This position is for someone with entry-level helpdesk knowledge, who is hungry to learn more and level up. As our front-line hardware and software support specialist, you will be exposed to our most valuable customers and assist with all issues.
Join our team and help professionals save the most valuable thing in life - time.
Why Work for Us?
eDist, Division of A. I. Smarter World, Inc. is a leader in Cloud Commerce. We are a high-growth, performance-driven organization. We pride ourselves on our knowledge, professionalism, integrity, and innovation. Being a member of our team means coming to work ready to inspire, collaborate, and achieve. As a result, passion and energy feed into a fun, entrepreneurial and fast-paced culture that permeates throughout our offices.
One of the many things that sets eDist apart is our culture. We truly value our team members, and we foster an environment based on productivity, efficiency, and fun. We take pride in our work and believe in rewarding our team members. We offer a full range of benefits that complement our competitive base salary.
Our fun work environment allows us to collaborate and implement new and fresh ideas. We are unique in our market, and we constantly strive to implement innovative techniques and technology.
Top reasons to be a Help Desk Technician with eDist:
- We have a fun and relaxed, but "get-it-done" work environment.
- Hats, jeans, T-shirts, flip flops, and shorts are normal attire. If you prefer business attire, you can do that, too.
- We pride ourselves on our knowledge, professionalism, integrity, and innovation.
- We are one-of-a-kind in our market and strive to implement cutting-edge techniques and technology.
- Our primary core value is “make it fun every day!”
- We are poised for massive growth and opportunity!
Help Desk Technician Job Description
We are looking for our next Help Desk Team Member with a focus on a super star Help Desk Technician. There are roles from entry-level to advanced support so either a person passionate and hungry to learn more and advance or a more experienced person in our field should apply. As our front line of support, you will be exposed to our most valuable customers, and you will assist them and resolve their issues. You will be supported by more experienced team of support veterans and the manufacturer’s technical team, who will always be able to help you learn and develop your skills.
Help Desk Technician Responsibilities
- Provide excellent customer experience every time!
- Field incoming calls, chats, and support emails.
- Create and resolve tickets for incoming requests.
- Gather information from customers before escalating technical support calls to higher levels.
- Escalate calls to the appropriate level, when needed.
- Have outstanding problem solving and communication skills.
- Provide break/fix support to our clients where possible.
- Assist with scheduling installs and administrative tasks for the Engineering Team.
- Utilize and assist in development of our knowledgebase.
- Follow up with customers, as needed.
- Provide feedback to management on suggested improvements.
- Additional duties as required.
Help Desk Technician Qualifications
- Ability to assess customers' support needs as they arise, solve, or escalate issues to team members as required.
- Strong communication skills and a professional customer service approach.
- Flexibility to regularly rotate through different technical specialties and skill sets.
- Ability to thrive on change with evolving products and be tech savvy.
- Excellent time management skills and can make decisions quickly.
- Maintain composure and customer focus while troubleshooting and solving issues.
- Training both end users and resellers on how to use the products and services.
- You reassure customers when delivering product diagnoses and potential solutions.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite and common troubleshooting.
- Must be able to commute to our office in Austin, TX.
Bonus Skills to Level Up from Entry level
- Associate’s / Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 + years previous experience working on a helpdesk.
- Experience in customer service roles.
- Knowledge of Philips or Olympus dictation and transcription hardware or software.
- Experience with Dragon voice recognition software.
- Any IT certifications in Networking, Citrix, Windows, Linux, VDI, or macOS
- Work in Medical EHR or similar experience in vertical-specific software platforms
Benefits and Culture
One of the things that sets eDist apart is our culture. We truly value our team members, and foster an environment based on fun, productivity, and efficiency. We take pride in our work and believe in rewarding our team members. eDist offers a full range of benefits including medical, dental, life, LTD, Aflac, 401k, and vision, which complements our competitive base salary. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
We operate from 8am to 5pm Central time M-F.
Local candidates only who are currently located in Austin, TX, please. Candidates should be comfortable with a commute to our Austin office.
Offers of employment are contingent upon passing background and drug screen.
We are an equal opportunity employer.